Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Read below :):):)

Hi Everyone,
No email at a few places we stayed but I have some tonight.

Kelly - you're right; I'll never see a Resplendent Quetzal; its beautiful but rare.
Devon - I haven't seen any spider monkeys; only white faced and howler monkeys.
Richard - I did see a collared peccary; looks like a hairy pig.
Kaitlin - I did see a 2 toed sloth with a baby!!!!
Jacob - Hummingbird is WAY TOO general; there are lots of species of hummingbirds in Costa Rica; go back and research a specific one from La Selva; by the way I saw one (I won't tell you which) sitting on its nest of two eggs; great pics.
Dylan - you can't see loggerhead turtle at La Selva (not on coast) go try again :):):)
Michael - I did see a basilisk lizard - great pics
atuck - You're right I didn't see a tapir; way too endangered
Amanda - I didn't see a fishing bulldog bat, but I saw 3 other species; Costa Rica has 110 species of bats!!
Billy - I did see an armadillo
Shari - I didn't see a red-eyed tree frog but I saw 2 other species on this WAY COOL night walk in the forest; very spooky
Josh - white faced monkey DOESN"T COUNT; it was one I gave in directions; go back and do something else :):):):)
Nick - I didn't see a bushmaster on my night walk (thanks heavens) but I did see a HUGE fir de lans (not sure of spelling) very aggressive and poisonous
Katie - I've seen lots of heleconias

Everyone else, will read yours in morning. Going to hot springs

Mrs. K

1 comment:

Courtney said...

1. you could find a kinkajou in the costa rican rainforest, they are nocturnal mammals who are pretty common. They have an excellent sense of smell and touch, however a horrible sense of sight! Their tail is nearly as long as their body, with the tail being from 16-22 in and the body being from 17-22. They are often kept as pets due to their docile and friendly nature.

-Courtney, Josh and Nicole